Re: [IRCA] 1020

On 11/23/2013 09:07 PM, Tim Tromp wrote:
I turned the radio on at about 0145 UTC and tuned to 1020 and before I could start the recorder I heard what sure sounded like "WRIX" which went immediately into the SSB. The signal was better to my East, versus the West, and was similar in strength to KDKA. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who heard this :-)
I wasn't listening or recording at that time, but I went back through earlier recordings, and at 1800 EST I had SRN news under KDKA... then at 1805, local weather and WRIX ID, and into gospel music.

There's little doubt in my mind that WRIX was my mystery gospel station last night, so I think that case can be closed. WRIX is a new catch here, too. :-)

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  Ottawa, ON