 From: James Renfrew <jim.renfrew@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2013 3:21 PM
Subject: [Amdx] MW QSL

QSL card, schedule and tract received today from TWR Benin 1566, for an AUG
31 2013 reception.   Signed by Lorraine S., from the Swaziland address.
The card says I heard this on 156 khz, but I think everyone knows the
actual channel!  That's my 60th verified country of 78 heard.  So if we
counted in Base 6 that would mean I've reached the century mark  And for
binary-only DXers, that would be country #111,100.- yes you got it right -
only 4 more to reach a million!  Just came in from raking leaves which
might explain my interest in high numbers today.  Since we're on a roll
with this - most contemporary cultures use base 10, but there's one that
uses base 8 - derived not from fingers, but from the spaces between
fingers.  An mystical concept - a counting system derived from what is not
there.  Hmmmm.