Re: [IRCA] TP 1 Oct 2013 Lions Bay BC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your excellent TP-DXing report from Lions Bay this morning!

<<<   Can someone let me know what the most likely CC speaking station is that I was
hearing under 774 JOUB at 13:23 this morning? I suspect Wuhan, only because it
has the most powerful transmitter. I have an mp3 if anyone wants to listen to it
- I don't think I can post it here and will need to set up a platform like Gary
has so that I can share these things. I also recorded a very solid TOH ID for
963 CRI R Kitaja in CC and RR at 1400.

I also have an mp3 of an unid CC speaking station on 702 from 1407 to about 1409
- heavy splatter but I'd be interested if anyone might have a guess what this
one is.   >>>

Michael,  I would be very interested in hearing the recordings that you made this morning to compare them with the Chinese signals that were received here, and to offer my suggestions (although without the expert experience of Chuck, I'm afraid). If you can send your mp3's to me directly, I would also be very happy to post them on the Mediafire web site for all to hear.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Hi everyone - a fun session today, with some stations I haven't heard
previously, and others that were stronger than I had heard them before.

Can someone let me know what the most likely CC speaking station is that I was
hearing under 774 JOUB at 13:23 this morning? I suspect Wuhan, only because it
has the most powerful transmitter. I have an mp3 if anyone wants to listen to it
- I don't think I can post it here and will need to set up a platform like Gary
has so that I can share these things. I also recorded a very solid TOH ID for
963 CRI R Kitaja in CC and RR at 1400.

I also have an mp3 of an unid CC speaking station on 702 from 1407 to about 1409
- heavy splatter but I'd be interested if anyone might have a guess what this
one is.

Thanks!

Michael

Sony ICF2010, Wellbrook 1530 Imperium, Datong FL3

1. Clearly understandable strong audio with reasonably long stretches of
readability so content could be understood by a native speaker

774 JOUB 1323 EE lessons - it seemed like a test, and underneath during the
pauses where I guess that someone was supposed to supply the correct
translation, was a fairly clear CC station.
603 HLSA (presumed) 1328 soft rock in EE from trhe 70's (I should know this
tune, but the name just escapes me)
1287 JOHR 1341 YL speaking, mentions of Japan
963 CRI R Kitaja 1359 Clear TOH ID in CC and RR

2. Clear audio for short periods of time, understandable by a native speaker

594 JOAK 1404 OM with JJ talk
837 JOQK 1357 YL clear JJ audio
1566 HLAZ 1343 Slow piano mx, YL speaking in JJ, lots of splatter but
intelligible. Sounded like a funeral. I would have expected KK language - is it
normal for this station to bcast in JJ, or have I misidentified it?
972 HLCA 1338 YL with KK talk
657 KCBS 1331 Lecture in KK by OM

3. Barely understandable audio due to low signal strength, or fading. Some words
might have been recognizable to a native speaker

567 JOIK 1346 2 hets, JJ OM speaking and then YL announcements at 1348
639 CNR1 1350 Faint CC speech after KFI faded out.
738 BEL2 1353 OM and YL speaking in CC
747 JOIB 1355 Sounded like language lesons, but no EE. YL and OM. 747 is plagues
by a het here and is always 774's weaker twin

4. Traces of Audio

531 JOQG 1324
585 JOPG 1325
666 JOBK 1333