[IRCA] TP 26 Sep; Victoria version

Lots of stations, but most didn't reach the "top level" strength that a number reached yesterday. In particular, the Japanese powerhouses seemed to lack zip today, made up for by a few good strength Chinese. I checked Bruce's Alaskan frequencies, but only KICY-850 really delivered here, possibly because I was using the west rather than the north Flag at the time.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly):

279 R. Rossii man in RR 1332UT
972 HLCA slow oriental stringed mx, man in KK 1350UT, but often not heard at all (!)

Reasonable audio at times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

567 JOIK  woman and man in JJ 1340UT, better than // on 594
639 CNR1 woman in CC //6030 1336UT
747 JOIB CC lessons 1343UT, bad splatter
774 JOUB CC lessons 1331UT
828 JOBB CC lessons 1331UT //774
963 CRI oriental orchestral mx //1323 (which was weaker), 1356UT, then into stringed introduction to chimes on hour
1287 JOHR man and woman in JJ  1347UT
1323 CRI stringed mx leading up to chimes and fanfare on hour (which faded dead away), heard 1259UT when it was briefly the strongest signal on the band

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be understood by a native speaker:

981 CNR1 man in CC //6030 1346UT
1053 KK jammer 1359UT
1566 HLAZ man in JJ 1331UT
1575 VoA man in SE Asian language 1349UT

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

594 JOAK JJ talk //567 1340UT; I'm sure this must have been stronger some time, but not when I was listening 702 NHK2 synchros, a few notes of mx 1259UT followed by NHK pips; //774 828 747 which were hardly any stronger at the time
837 Harbin News Channel?   man CC inflected talk 1344UT
891 JOHK man in JJ inflected talk //567 1353UT, woman talking faded up and took over mostly 1354UT
918 female vocal pop mx 1353UT
936  Anhui?  man talking CC inflection 1355UT
945 CNR1  CC pips on hour 1400UT, into man talking possibly with an echo
1476 unID  pop mx 1358UT, gone by the hour of course

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary"audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

612  621 954 1044 1143 1251  1377

best wishes,

Nick