[IRCA] TP Lions Bay 26 Sep 2013

Hi all - today was an all-Sapporo today pretty much. Not much else to speak of, except maybe 1566 booming in early, around 13:25. One thing I noted however since 774 Akita was also very strong at 13:50+ and that is that at exactly 7 minutes before sunrise local (14:06 UTC, 7:06 PDT) there was a huge drop in signal strength. I was recording 774 at the time, wanting to get a full ID at the TOH, and it was perfectly readable and very strong up until 13:59 UTC - after which it dropped out almost completely. I'm going to check on subsequent days and see if there is a pattern.

1. Clearly understandable strong audio with reasonably long stretches of readability so content could be understood by a native speaker

Not really, except for 774 and 1566 noted above.

2. Clearly understandable audio for short periods of time, understandable by a native speaker

963 CRI Anhui 13:36 RR speaking male
1287 JOHR Sapporo 13:42 Two JJ males in conversation
567 JOIK Sapporo 13:46 Male speaking, JJ - some splatter

3. Barely understandable audio due to low signal strength, or fading. Some words might have been recognizable to a native speaker

747 JOIB Sapporo 13:54 Barely legible, lots of splatter

Thanks!

Michael