Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] Mauritania not on SW

On 9/2/2013 12:39 PM, Russ Edmunds wrote:
Saudi Arabia and Syria are also both there and could potentially have that kind of programming. EMWG
appears to indicate Algeria is all in French, but I may be interpreting that incorrectly. In November 2011
at the LBI DXpedition we had two Arabic stations, one with chanting and the other with a talk program

with a male and female speaker. One of these two was presumed to be Syria. The other might have been the Saudi or perhaps one of the others.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NNW of Philadelphia
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>

Russ:

Why assume the other is the "Saudi or one of the others"? Mauritania and Syria are the dominants in Newfoundland, so I'd assume this was a mix of Mauritania and Syria. Was there a parallel on 918 or 828?

Mauritanian Arabic is strongly accented so a recording in the hands of some of our Arabic speaking DXers might nail this down.

Chuck