Re: [IRCA] article on IBOC

>>WBZ will not drop IBOC until the transmitter has been pried out of
it's hot dead hands. I've written several emails to Mark Manuellian
chief engineer of WBZ in the past complaining about it'd wideband noise
jamming other stations, and well let me put it this way, his attitude
was not exactly conducive to an ongoing dialogue about the negatives of
IBOC. WINS 1010 and WBZ 1030 completely jam 1000-1050 kHz here most
nights, besides the jamming the audio is also weak and distorted and
barely listenable, in HD it sounds shrill and artifact laden. (the few
seconds I actually got it to lock in).<<

Bob,

That may be the case, but who knows how long CBS will own them and/or
the CE will be at the helm. How old is the guy? CEs move on to different
stations. In our changing World, nothing stays the same. Today, they
love IBOC, tomorrow, who knows? If someone would have told me 20 years
ago, what things were going to be today, I would never have believed it.
Maybe both stations are waiting for all IBOC and to drop analog. We know
the outcome of that. But time will tell.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR