Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 4:25 PM
To: am@xxxxxxxxxxx ; irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [IRCA] NEWS FROM THE CONVENTION

Thank you, Mark, for the convention reports. I've read and appreciated them. A three-week trip to Europe that ended a few days prior to the convention blew my work schedule and travel budget, so a trip to MN in early August was a no-go for me this year.

It's great the NRC and IRCA (and WTFDA) collaborated on a single event like this, and I hope it's the start of a new era. The hobby is fighting for its life in a world where radio as we've known it is changing dramatically and in some cases disappearing. DXing has a future if we can steer it along with some forethought. It can only help to cooperate and collaborate, and from all accounts this convention did a lot to get us headed that way.

Nice! Thanks to you, and to all who made it happen!

Saul Chernos
Burnt River ON