Re: [IRCA] TP's & DU's for Monday, July 29, 2013

Re: [IRCA] TP's & DU's for Monday, July 29, 2013

Hi Gary,
thank you, likewise for me to meet you. Actually I just suggested that Fiji may be inactive, because there wasn't even a carrier there. I can confirm Tonga's sign-off at 12:04.30 on 25th, when you heard it. It was on 1017.008 kHz.

I have compared some of your receptions with the ones we had 90 km south of you or in Grayland and I must say, that now I am even more amazed of what you have discovered! This combination of FSL and listening right at sea and having the mountain wall both as reflector for front and attenuator from back seems to work extremely well! I have checked the same stations for longer times just to avoid fading affecting it and of course different QTH is different QTH, but still your signals are amazing. It shows well, that radio doesn't matter much, when all other conditions are fulfilled. Hopefully you guys find a way to make it work broadband at least partially this well.

73, Mauno
back from Yachats and Grayland to Joensuu, Finland