[IRCA] UCLUELET & TOFINO

Recently spent a few days in Ucluelet and Tofino, BC but did not put much time in on the dials. Of note:

540 CBXQ Ucluelet. Does OK around town but not a whole lot there at the first "Ucluelet" sign as you head west on Highway 4 toward the town. I asked several people if they knew where the CBC tower was. No one did and I wasn't able to find it.

840 KSWB Seaside, OR. Amazing mid-day signal driving around Tofino. Obviously stronger the closer I got to the beach. I thought there must be a new LPRT in the area but the mention of Seaside and "840 Gold" cinched it.

No other real surprises noted days or evenings and with just a car radio, I didn't even try for early morning DX.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 & ICF2010