[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK July 12-18, 2013

[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK July 12-18, 2013

All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only; or Sony SRF-59 as specified; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

These logs are in four sexions, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified, separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** U S A. 850, UT Monday July 15 at 0510, KOA with `Coast to Coast AM`. Sunday-night host is doing his farewell show after 13 years. Seems lately he has been doing only one Sunday per month. This finale will present his favorite guests with something new from each, starting with Saturday night host John B. Wells who will also be taking over these Sundays: mutual admiration society. This guy is Ian Punnett, @deaconpunnett I think he said, whom I had not really noticed once a month. Sendoff info:
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/thanks-for-the-memories
Said he is transitioning to being a PhD candidate and a published author, `How to Pray When You`re Pissed at God`. Axually I kept tuning down while this was going on and heard the last part of it on 600 WREC Memphis (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 870, July 15 at 0506 UT I`m getting a station with WWL nulled, and it`s not in Vietnamese! So for a change, not KFJZ Fort Worth cheating. YL is giving detailed weather forecasts but never mentions a location (which happens too often on local stations, assuming all listeners know where it`s coming from). 0507 segué to Star Spangled Banner by small chorus; shux, no ID or sign-off message. Unshux: *after* the NA comes the sign-off with complete info altho I could not copy it all partly due to nearby lightning crashes altho WWL can be completely nulled: this is from Minnesota, dual FM 97.5 with 100 kW; could not catch call but FCC Query shows KDKK, Park Rapids; matches same city for 870, KPRM, which NRC AM Log shows with 25/1 kW, but CP for 40/1. Announced now as 40 kW day, 1 kW night, so the CP is now on. Also gives hours as 9 am to midnight on Sunday, [CDT = UT -5, Sunday 14-05 Monday UT], presumably longer on weekdays. Carrier with SAH stays on
 a while longer.

FCC AM Query shows they now have an application to raise day power further to 50 kW; the nighttime direxional pattern is unfound, but its parameters show the southward null toward WWL is supposed to extend as far as 200 degrees, close to Enidward. Park Rapids is in NW MN, east of Fargo, south of Bemidji. KPRM is part of the Double K FM radio network of four FMs and three other AMs:
http://www.kkradionetwork.com/
Is there a full program schedule on this station`s page
http://www.kkradionetwork.com/page/show/348825-kprm-870-am-25-000-watts
? Of course not! Despite ``classic country`` format, just some major shows, such as Limbaugh & Hannity, so we know they are anti-American. And from
http://www.kkradionetwork.com/page/show/348858-kdkk-97-5-fm-starstation-
[sic, ending with hyphen], you`d never know it is simulcast with 870
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)