Re: [IRCA] South Korean + North Korean MW jamming clips

Re: [IRCA] South Korean + North Korean MW jamming clips

Thanks for passing this on Dennis. It's interesting that his recording of the 1053 jammer has quite a high pitch; I'd forgotten how spooky it can sound. I thought that my present perception of it was due to my usually listening with the IF bandwidth tamped way down, but I found an SDR recording of 1053 from a few months ago, and opening up the IF bandwidth doesn't get that spooky higher pitched sound . Maybe it can only be heard when the signal is stronger than I hear it at home.

In fact, what I usually hear is more like his 855 recording, and the 657 video has both low frequency and high frequency components. My gosh, you can tell the DX is lacking just now, I'm analyzing jammers. Sad.

best wishes,

Nick