Re: [IRCA] Ultralight "Cliffhanger" DU-DXpeditions

Colin,

As tough as it is in June (or July), your best hope of DU-DXing success in Kona is to get up at the first sign of daylight, and DX the sunrise enhancement session for all it is worth.

>From experience, I know how rough it is to chase South Pacific DX around the summer solstice, when daylight starts to appear around 1150 UTC (0450 local time) on the Oregon cliffs. Besides the vibrant DU signals, though, you'll probably be able to enjoy a quick nap after the session-- which should wrap up well before the more sensible family members ever notice that you were gone.

73, Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: R. Colin Newell <coffeecanuck@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Jun 20, 2013 7:37 pm
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Ultralight "Cliffhanger" DU-DXpeditions

I am beginning to think that the "Vog" covering the Island is
partly at fault -

I am getting skunked evening after evening...
And my Grundig Yacht Boy happily works indoors but when I take it
outdoors it goes into a lock-up state and all I get is dead air on all the
channels...

Thankfully I have an Eton E100 doing stellar back up duty -- albeit with
less selectivity.

--
Colin Newell is the Editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com - DXer.ca -
BobHarris.com |
editors, publishing staff, or officers