[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, May 17-23, 2013

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, May 17-23, 2013

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only. Or FRG-7, Sony SRF-59 when specified.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

** MEXICO. 660, May 17 at 0506 UT, really big hum atop the channel, much more than 24 hours earlier, presumed fault of XEFZ Monterrey NL (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 660, May 18 at 0502 UT, big hum from XEFZ Monterrey NL dominating channel (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 690, May 22 at 0505 UT dominant signal from the DF instead of KTSM or KGGF (but whose carrier is probably still on), is Spanish, finishing choral NA, full ID as XEN, 100,000 watts, Grupo Radio Centro, ``la 69 es noticias``, beginning playback of Jacobo Zabludovsky`s 1 pm talkshow, and announced as also on several other GRC stations including XERED 1110 (now or originally, or both?).

Conditions somewhat auroral; K index at 03 was 4, by 06 UT down to 2, and ``no spaceweather storms`` per WWV (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710, May 17 at 1115 UT, a few words of Low German, dead air, and canned sung ID for ``XEDP, la Ranchera de Cuauhtémoc``, Chihuahua, and more music. Fridays are a regular day for this minority preacher, but he stopped rather abruptly, maybe unintentionally, cuing a silence-sensor. Not sure what other days he may be on during this semihour.

I have to get up this early now for any sunrise skip DX from NW Mexico as our Enid sunrise is now 1123 UT, to reach its earliest in less than a month circa 1113.

Just before this on 710, I was still getting a good signal with ID on 650 from the very reliable Radio 65 in Los Mochis, Sinaloa, XETNT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)