Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2013 8:38 PM
To: ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: am@xxxxxxxxxxx ; irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] Frequency/distance search engine

Rick,

http://www.mwlist.org/ does exactly what you're trying to do, and so
much more.  I believe that you first need to register for a free
account.  I use it to store and track all of my MW logs.  I'd be lost
without out.

73,
Tim Tromp
West Michigan

On Sat, 2013-05-04 at 17:30 -0700, Rick Dau wrote:

I'm wanting to see if such an animal exists...specifically, what I'm
looking for is a search engine where you can plug in A) your location,
either in lat/long coordinates or by the name of the city you live in;
and B) an AM frequency, then it would spit out a list of all of the
stations on that frequency, in order of distance to your location,
from closest to furthest. Example:

Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Frequency: 1490

1) KBUR - Burlington, Iowa (61.4 mi)
2) WDBQ - Dubuque, Iowa (73.2 mi)
3) KXLQ - Indianola, Iowa (106.6 mi)
4) WZOE - Princeton, Illinois (110.3 mi)
5) KRIB - Mason City, Iowa (132.1 mi)
6) WGEZ - Beloit, Wisconsin (142.8 mi)
7) WLFN - LaCrosse, Wisconsin (150.9 mi)
 And so forth....

Anyone out there know of anything like this?

73,
Rick Dau
South Omaha, Nebraska

__._,_.___