[IRCA] mystery on 1008 khz tonight

Hello To All,

While scanning the band this evening at 20:45 UTC  , Arabic talk with Middle Eastern music was noted for a few brief moments on 1008 khz mixing with Radio Punto Canaries  before disappearing once again. It was surprising as only Punto or GrootNiuews from the Netherlands have been the usual occupier of the channel at this location.

I quickly fired up the ultralight radio as well and heard the same on it, albeit with a weaker signal.

A European Medium Wave Guide lookup  revealed possibly Egypt or Yemen in Arabic at that time of day. I have no recording of it but will monitor that frequency the next few days around the same time in hopes of hearing more .

Any ideas on this one from the International Dxers  would be appreciated

73

Allen Willie
Bristol's Hope, Newfoundland