Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] A Cold, Harsh Reality for Radio

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] A Cold, Harsh Reality for Radio

My only quarrel would be the timeline, and that would only be because there's still a substantial market in people who do still listen to the radio ( even if they are over 40 or some other number ), and these people will be less interested in the newer services. Some marketers cling to the idea that the only ad money worth having comes from the young, while others realize that there's still a lot to be had elsewhere, so we'll see.

I mentioned in a recent thread that my two 30-something sons listen to satellite radio some, but most often they plug their iPad or Smartphone or other device into the system and listen to their own music. This seems to be quite common, so I certainly wouldn't be inclined to dispute the results of the research.

What isn't said is a sort of middle ground, namely that AM/FM radios won't be 'stock', but they may still be a viable selectable option. What also isn't said is whether CD players will go the same route and at the same time.

I use the car radio as much for DX as anything else, and probably play CD's more often than I actually listen to radio stations in non-DX mode. But if I were pushed, I'd likely go for aftermarket AM/FM/CD if I had to.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NNW of Philadelphia
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>