Re: [IRCA] [ultralightdx] Oklahoma TP DX 02/12/13

Re: [IRCA] [ultralightdx] Oklahoma TP DX 02/12/13

<<<   I was able to hear JOAK, 594 kHz, Tokyo J, at 1306-1316 GMT, with a man speaking in JJ.  The signal rose to a fair level briefly before faing away.  It was the best signal from Japan heard in some time.

A heterodyne was audible on 828 kHz at 1318-1323 and a barely audible signal was heard briefly at 1319 on 873 kHz.

No signals were detected on 567, 666, 693, 747, 774, 945 or 972 kHz when I checked.

Receiver: Tecsun PL-310 with 7-inch FSL antenna.   >>>

Richard,

Despite the fact that you are well over a thousand miles from the Pacific Ocean, you seem to have been deeply bitten by the TP-DXing bug... continuing to track down marginal Asian signals well into February (like the rest of us).

The local TP-DXing gang had no idea that the range of this voracious insect extended so far inland.

73, Gary DeBock (chronically infected for 6 years)

.
I was able to hear JOAK, 594 kHz, Tokyo J, at 1306-1316 GMT, with a man speaking in JJ.  The signal rose to a fair level briefly before faing away.  It was the best signal from Japan heard in some time.

A heterodyne was audible on 828 kHz at 1318-1323 and a barely audible signal was heard briefly at 1319 on 873 kHz.

No signals were detected on 567, 666, 693, 747, 774, 945 or 972 kHz when I checked.

Receiver: Tecsun PL-310 with 7-inch FSL antenna.

Good DX.

Richard Allen,
near Perry OK USA.

                          Reply to sender

                          Reply to group

            Start a New Topic

                            Messages in this topic                (1)

      RECENT ACTIVITY:                      New Members      4                                        New Links      1                        New Files      1
    Visit Your Group

.