Re: [IRCA] WXBR-1460 off

WXBR-1460 in Brockton, MA has been shut off by the new owners. It will be
off for about a month.  The transmitter will be replaced by then.

Now that we know WXBR is back on and testing (Thanks for word, Craig),
I would presume from info below that this is simply an existing station
returning to the air - and not in any way a new station for the logbook
if and when I might DX it. Correct assumption on my part?

Yes. Existing station, but new owners. Same call sign and transmitter location. It is a new transmitter apparently, but essentially much the same. Format will change as the previous owner also owned the satellite programming they used. Obviously took more than a month, but I quit as contract engineer quite a while ago due to problems with them.

It is on occasionally as a test. It has not been on night pattern, even after sunset. 5kw non-directional.

One thing to see is that there are big spurs. Roughly -12db from the carrier and about 8.3kHz either side of 1460. Shows very plain on my SDR. I have a picture of it:

http://www.craighealy.com/spurs01.bmp

Craig Healy
Providence, RI