[IRCA] TP for 5 Feb 2013; Victoria version

Another "I don't know quite to make of this morning", but better than
yesterday...There was a sunrise enhancement from about 1515 to after 1530UT, all
the more obvious because conditions had been so grim from when I started
checking at 1400UT.   Not to say there were strong signals at sunrise, just
interesting ones, and the enhancement left out the center of the band pretty
much completely.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least
briefly):

too much to ask for

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a
native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

1503 JOUK woman and man in JJ at 1517UT
1575 VoA man in SE Asian language (unfortunately tormented by local noise) at
1524UT, with a reprise as late as 1540UT, which was what Gary heard, I guess

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be
understood by a native speaker:

594 JOAK woman and man in JJ at 1512UT; this was the most consistent of the low
band big guns.
774 JOUB s/off music box at 1542UT.  I swear this puppy cranks up the the
transmitter for the s/off, as this was its best strength of the morning
1566 woman and man in CC 1410UT, didn't get any better later, though it was
fighting with local noise by then

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by
cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

558 HLQH male vocal mx //603 at 1522UT, good carrier strength
567 JOIK woman talking //594 1516UT
603 HLSA male vocal mx //558 1522UT
639 CNR1 man talking //6125 at 1526UT
648 unID woman talking in splat at 1532UT, then mx, then slow talking man. If
VoA from Russia, then no SW //s found.
747 JOIB s/off music box 1542UT
828 JOBB woman talking //774 at 1407UT
1242 JOLF? pop mx in splash at 1513UT
1386 NHK2 synchros. Man and woman talking //774 1525UT
1422 JORF? man talking 1514UT; big carrier
1539 unID. Man talking, some IBOC hash, at 1520 and 1531.  Will need to listen
to the recording again; the thought of these being the NHK2 100 watters is enticing.
1602 NHK2 synchros.  Man and woman talking //1386 and 774 at 1527UT

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

585 621 972 1323 1431

best wishes,

Nick