[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 21 Jan 2013 - Part 2

[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 21 Jan 2013 - Part 2

I'd left my other Perseus on recording duty while I was in Lamont, so had the opportunity to compare this morning's reception. Lamont is about 280 miles NNW from here, and this was a good chance to compare, with some interesting results:

1) No DU audio here at all. 4BC 1116 was a moderate carrier at best, compared with some decent audio in Lamont. 2) Similarly, no 1017 China here in Dunmore. It was rather brief in Lamont, but not even that here. 3) The Japanese did better here in Dunmore. The most marked difference was 828 JOBB, which never reached audio in Lamont, while here it was almost at the armchair copy level of which Walt spoke. 693 had the best Japanese signal in Lamont, while here in Dunmore, 828 and 774 were the top performers. I was overly pessimistic about 594, as it did get to audio here as well, but only because the signal level was stronger, and able to get through the IBOC noise. 4) The Koreans were one of the few constants, with both 972 and 1566 at about the same level in both locations.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta