Re: [IRCA] TP's for Thursday, January 17, 2013

Re: [IRCA] TP's for Thursday, January 17, 2013

It's interesting what can be heard, and not heard. This morning (Fri 18 Jan)
between 0200 to 0300 Z the ham station RI1ANF in the South Shetland Islands
(basically, Antarctica) was coming in as best as I've ever heard him, which
is just 2 or 3 times. A lot of QSB but on peaks Oleg was 569 to 579 and working
many stations in the US. Freq 1826.5 kc in the 160 meter hamband, CW and I was
able to work him with just 400 w out to a nonoptimal 80 foot wire, tuner and small
radial field. At the same time European hams on 160m were non-existant.

73 Bob k2euh