Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] 1030 KDUN Oregon heard in Michigan during SSS tonight

Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] 1030 KDUN Oregon heard in Michigan during SSS tonight

Great job, Tim !!  Early Jan SSS can be really good. Unfortunately, I got home just a few minutes too late to hook up my Double KAZ array for 0100 recordings. I managed 0115 as West coast CA stuff switches then, but things weren't impressive other than KFSG 1690 blasting atop Disney. 0200 (well past SSS of course) recording wasn't nearly as shockingly good as a couple days ago.

I don't think KDUN gets out that well to the east (I think some mountain blockage). During the great SSS of early Feb last year I finally logged them for my one and only time.
Look for Tijuana's La Tremenda on 1030 as I think they're running day power at night again.

Your Phased BOGs worked off the back end unterminated have a more southerly pattern than the Double KAZ antennas I've been using for a year which aim more W/WNW, How stable and broadbanded is your phase null? For example, when WBZ is phased out, is WHAM greatly reduced as well, or just somewhat reduced so that a significant retweaking of the phaser is needed?

What state do you still need to complete 48? I'm sure I can offer some suggestions.  73 KAZ Barrington IL