[IRCA] TP 8 Dec, 2012 / Victoria version

[IRCA] TP 8 Dec, 2012 / Victoria version

Unlike Nigel's findings, this morning was very interesting here. Things went a little crazy between 1540 and 1550UT above about 1200kHz, just a few minutes before local sunrise. I haven't heard much this season of CNR1 on 1377, and it just roared in this morning. I recorded the band for that period, but of course, I don't have time to go through it. (and 972 was still showing weak audio at 1716UT). More conventional low band DX was in before 1500UT, but not astonishingly so, and things were quite splashy.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least
briefly):

1377 CNR1 CC talk //6125 at 1541UT, something else underneath
1566 HLAZ man in CC at 1555UT, but other times also
1593 CNR1 woman in CC //1377, jazz piano, at 1552UT; this had been pretty consistently strong for 10 minutes by now.

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a
native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

972 HLCA?  light mx 1457UT
1044 CRI slow female vocal mx with a western sound, //7220 at 1537UT
1323 likely CRI? instrumental mx, then woman in what sounded to me like RR 1545UT; listed as CNR2 at this time however
1575 VoA southeast Asian talk by man 1558UT

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be
understood by a native speaker:

1386 man talking Tagalog?? not CC or JJ to my ear, 1547UT, two stations there also
1557 pop vocal 1553UT likely Taiwan?

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by
cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

603 man talking, too weak for language, 1536UT
1125 woman talking 1535UT, no NHK2 parallels audible by now
1188 man talking and into vocal mx 1537UT not //1503
1395 woman talking 1548UT
1458 slow instrumental mx 1551UT
1476 instrumental mx 1540UT
1503 woman talking at 1550UT, no parallels available
1512 woman talking 1549UT
1548 huge carrier(s), man talking 1539 following, didn't sound DU, and talk by hour was echoey, no ID on hour.

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

945 1035 1206

best wishes,

Nick