[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 6 Dec 2012

A very good morning on the upper part of the band, and better on the low end than I've had in several weeks. Listened from 1420-1510, with the lower band gradually fading after 1440, while the upper end gradually improved towards sunrise. The best TP signal overall was on 1557, very unusual for here. Today's audio:

594 - presumed JOAK Japan with traces of audio - it's been weeks since I've heard any audio from this one.

774 - JOUB Japan, weak with talk by man and woman at 1422, //693 and 747 about the same strength.

1287 - traces of audio at 1424, likely JOHR Japan

1314 - JOUF Japan, weak audio, with music and woman speaking in Japanese at 1457.

1422 - Woman speaking at 1459, seemed Japanese, so likely JORF.

1557 Woman speaking in Chinese, mixing with a station playing a Scott Joplin piano selection at 1450. Both fair, then talk station faded while music station improved to good, as it went straight into another western style song at 1452. Went into talk at 1457, also seemed Chinese. Presume stronger station was Taiwan, with strongest signal on 1557 this season.

1566 HLAZ, S KOREA fair at first check at 1425, improved to good with talk by woman at 1450. Interestingly another significant carrier noted about 40 Hz higher.

1575 VOA THAILAND reached audio level at 1432, with talk by a woman, good quality by 1450.

1593 CNR1 CHINA mixing with Japan at 1449. Both generally fair, with the Japanese up to good at times.

1602 Japan, NHK synchros, talk, then into music at 1444. Stronger by 1453, and I could have understood the topic of discussion (if I'd known Japanese).

Nearly every split freq above 1300 had a carrier, a number quite strong. Early on carriers from Japan (presumably) on 567 and 666 were also pretty strong.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta
Perseus SDR, Wellbrook Phased Array