From: Russ Edmunds <wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Nov 21, 2012 12:19 pm
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 710 WOR

It wouldn't be surprising if having all of that water around, possibly impacting
he radials, etc. had a distorting effect on the pattern.
Russ Edmunds
5 mi NNW of Philadelphia
rid FN20id
wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>
M: Yamaha T-80 & Onkyo T-450RDS w/ APS9B @15'; Grundig G8
M:  Modified Sony ICF 2010's barefoot

 Subject: [IRCA] 710 WOR
 To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 12:06 PM

 WOR escaped any serious damage from Hurricane Sandy because
 they recently upgraded their transmitter site.  I mean
 "upgraded" literally.  I believe  they moved their
 xmtr building and towers onto higher cement blocks.
 Info from Scott Fybush in Northeast Radio Watch just after
 the storm.  Scott is a personal friend of WOR CE
 Tom  Ray.

 However, it is odd that they were strong in MN as their main
 lobe is Northeast into NYC and beyond.

 Marc DeLorenzo
 South Dennis, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
  http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?228-DeLorenzo-s-Classic-DX