From: Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: irca <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Nov 19, 2012 7:25 am
Subject: [IRCA] NW Storm

Hi Everyone,

We have another Pacific storm hitting the NW. Cannon Beach, South of
Seaside got a wind gust of 99 MPH and Newport got one of 98 MPH. Lots of
rain too and flooding. We have gotten about 3 inches in the past 36
hours and are expecting another 3+ inches by tomorrow.  There is a
possibility that as this low slides South and inland, the beaches could
see gusts over 100 MPH for a time. It is daylight now and I see no
damage. It even looks like the beverage is still there, at least the
wire is not lose and the trees are still up. But it is roaring out
there. Thank goodness we did not lost power either as Pacific Power
beefed up the lines after our storm in 2007. Plus the big box stores
like Costco cannot afford to lose power, plus Fred Meyer. Then of late,
Warrenton oked Walmart and that should be built within the next year or
so. But it has been a wild day. Too dangerous to be out right now to
check things. But at least the satellite dishes look ok and are working.
I guess the thought of the 2007 being a 100 year storm, this one 5 years
later, blows that theory away. Is this the new normal for the coast?
Time will tell.At least we don't get the damage they get in more
populated areas. Thanks to Walt's suggestion a few years ago, I bought
those Bose Noise Cancelling phones and they are worth their weight in
gold to me. Hour after hour of roaring winds is rough to handle. It is
like a 747 is parked over the roof.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR