Re: [IRCA] 1580 Coast To Coast AM mystery

Have heard NJ here before with probable day power.  Jim Renfrew

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allen Willie" <vo1_001_swl@xxxxxxxx>
To: <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 8:24 AM
Subject: [IRCA] 1580 Coast To Coast AM mystery

Hello To All,

An interesting reception occuring early this morning at 4:42 AM Local time , I heard the George Noory show Coast to Coast AM airing on 1580 under usually heard CKDO in Oshawa, Ontario. The signal wasn't in long enough to catch other details or an ID.

When I looked up any affiliates of the show on 1580 . Two results only, both in the east. Further investigation revealed results for the those stations possible as follows:

1580 - WGYM - Hamonton, New Jersey 1000 watts days, a whopping 7 watts nights

1580 - WCCF - Punta Gorda, Florida 1.250 kw days , 110 watts nights

It's likely the New Jersey station , much closer , however Florida stations drift in here quite often in the early mornings. It could be one of the two on daytime power as well. I'll keep an ear on that frequency in the next few days in hopes of catching it again with more details hopefully.

Good DX

Allen Willie
Bristol's Hope, Newfoundland