From: "Jim Renfrew" <jrenfrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:37 AM
To: "Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] CRI-1521   (was (Re:  Oct 31 / Nov 1 TAs (mostly))

Nice job on this everyone. It is a thrill to get China from North America. We had a nice run of them around that same time in 2009 I think it was, and then more of them in 2010. From Cappahayden Newfoundland, of course.

Jim Renfrew

Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:01 AM
Subject: [IRCA] CRI-1521 (was (Re: Oct 31 / Nov 1 TAs (mostly))

Yee haw....thank you Sylvain.  I checked my PEI
recording for the same time and date, and sure
enough, there is CRI oriental stringed music
leading up to the chimes and fanfare on the hour,
followed by the lady in Russian that you
recorded.   Mine is not nearly as clear, as it is
under the news on the Saudi station.

No Beverage for us though, this was on a corner
fed loop using a Wellbrook FLG100LN  preamplifier.

You can bet I'll be checking a few other of your
catches for that evening.  Thanks again.

best wishes,

Nick