[IRCA] ULR DX....NEW STATION @ Sunrise Today...1030 WONQ Oviedo, FLORIDA!!

Hello Folks:

 With the Switchover to EST this morning I thought I would look around to see if the time change brought in anything different??  Conditions were good to the NW and the South this morning with many frequencies hiding smaller Stations under the Big Guys!! Heard a station on 1030 in the WBZ Null in Spanish......playing Tropical Spanish Music and Ballads. I stuck with it for over 1/2 Hour and some nice Fade-Ups netted me a NEW STATION for both the ULR and OVERALL LOGS!! Turned out to be WONQ from Oviedo, FLORIDA, and the signal hung in there for well over a half hour!! This past month has been amazing for New Stations from FLORIDA...Not sure why but I have 4-5 New Ones from Florida in this short time period???? Florida is generally not a common state heard here in Ontario!!

RADIO USED..................SONY SRF-T615 Ultralight BAREFOOT

ULR LOG TOTALS are now..................1,025 Stations Logged

73...............ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

1030 WONQ  Oviedo, FLORIDA  Nov/04/12  0554 EST    SPANISH       FAIR-GOOD @ Times!!!
Spanish Tropical Music and Vocals. @ 0554 EST Tune In. Male DJ gave ID in SPANISH as
"UVE DOBLE - OH - ENE - KU". @ 0557 EST.  Made a mention of "CASSELBERRY"...which is
a Nearby Town to Oviedo. Into a Spanish Ballad @ 0557-0600 EST.
Male DJ with Jingles and Spanish Ads 0600 EST. Male and Female Spoke Spanish 0601-03 EST.
Another ID in Spanish same as above @ 0603 EST. Into More Spanish Tropical flavoured Music.
Was still in past 0635 EST with same type of Music Program.
Don't know if they were using 45 KW or 1.7 KW???
Heard in WJR Null.

NEW STN                 ULR # 1025        45 KW/1.7 KW
ROSS, ONT.