[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 10-16

[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 10-16

Hello All,

It was nice to finally have a couple of Asiatic TP's back at decent levels this morning after the long aurora-induced shutdown-- even if they were only the Korean big guns on 972 and 1053. 738-Tahiti's signal apparently still received some benefit from the recent solar tantrum, though, and was back with fair audio around 1355.  The Japanese on 594 and 774 were at fair-good levels, and even the 1044-CRI Chinese station showed up weak weak audio in and out. Dennis' apparent reception of 738-BEL2 is quite a puzzle--the station didn't manage a trace here this morning, even though it it one of the very few TP's that this mediocre location seems to pull in quite well. I did notice that at the time that Dennis mentioned (1345-1352) 738-Taiwan had a special program on with a female-voiced narrator (a different female voice than the usual RFO lady announcer that has been heard here over and over this weird season), and the lady's rapid-fire French speech could easily have been mistak!
 en for Chinese., if a nulling-type antenna wasn't available to check the signal's origin. When I first heard this lady's speech even I thought it might be Chinese, but the direction was all from the SW, and when I listened closely I could identify the language as French (an MP3 link is below).

594  JOAK  Tokyo, Japan  Fair Japanese OM speech late at 1405
657  Pyongyang  N. Korea  Back with undermodulated music on
                     strong carrier at 1407
738  Radio Polynesie  Mahina, Tahiti  Rapid French YL speech
                     at fair level during apparent special program at 1353
                     http://www.mediafire.com/?8sptidc2yyfboq9
774  JOUB  Akita, Japan  Fair Japanese conversation through
                    Seattle splatter at 1351
972  HLCA  Dangjin, S. Korea  Good Korean YL-OM conversation
                    at 1358; best TP signal of the morning
                    http://www.mediafire.com/?48htgl8yicl5ysm
1053  Korean Jammer  Not quite at a booming level, but back in
                   action after being lost in the aurora recently
                   http://www.mediafire.com/?578ce8io7upw603
1134  KBS  Hwaseong, S. Korea  Fair Korean YL speech in
                  CKWX splatter around 1343
1566  HLAZ  Jeju, S. Korea  Poor-fair Japanese OM speech
                  during Christain program at 1346
1575  VOA  Ban Rassom, Thailand  Poor Asiaitic language
                  YL speech around 1349

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" MW loopstick Tecsun PL-380 +
8" Medium Wave FSL antenna (demo video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqYZcRXCGxM&feature=youtu.be )