[IRCA] Surplus Russian Ferrite TP's/DU's/DA's/TA's for 10-9

[IRCA] Surplus Russian Ferrite TP's/DU's/DA's/TA's for 10-9

As much as I would like to chide Gary with
reports of widespread multi-continental receptions
on all bands and all frequencies, it was more of
a case of squeezing a dehydrated lemon into
an empty martini glass. No one showed up for the
party... or any party for that matter.

If there could have been less than zero, today was it.
I jumped out of bed at 13:55 and sprinted directly to
the SRFLA-50 and its newly mated Sony 2010...
only to hear... domestics.

When it became abundantly clear that there
would be no trans-oceanic reception, I snooped
around 900 and 940 looking for Hawaii - I have encountered
Korean programming on 900 while at Jordan River and
maybe some this morning - but pretty sure it was not
Hawaii.

Within 5 minutes it was confirmed - the only whines,
whistles or squeals were between my middle-aged ears.
Funny that in 4 days of abandoning amateur radio in favor
of 100% medium-wave listening, I have been rewarded with
nothing but punishment.

Another day tomorrow.

Colin lives in Victoria... in the shadow of DXers like Walter
and Nick... using radios like the Sony 2010 and antennas
built by people like Gary Debock...