[IRCA] ? 4 Gary & Rob, the 2 ULR NDB rivals

[IRCA] ? 4 Gary & Rob, the 2 ULR NDB rivals

Hi guys,

Was just wondering...  what's the closest NDB (to the other's home location) that either one of you has logged, from your own home location, that the other has NOT yet logged?  If you want you could expand to mediumwave stations - non-directional non-GYers preferred but not required. :)  Bonus points for Rob having logged a station in WA that Gary hasn't heard, or for Gary having bagged one from ON that has evaded Rob. ;)

Hey Rob.  What's this I hear about a "snowmobile suit being ready"?  Is it really that much colder there than here? ;)  A couple days ago at my house it was 100°F (or, in your parliance, about 38°C) outside... in the shade - around 3 or 4 pm.  Having humidity in the teens (or lower - I suspect the device was bottomed out) definitely makes it more bearable, I think.  (It was still 86°F in the house around 6pm IIRC.)  Guess it's too hot for me to get any NDBs right now, especially considering the only LW "antenna" I have is a north/south-running barbed-wire fence across the street? ;)  (It has been "cooling off" to the mid-60s at night, though.)

I did some TP DX attempts yesterday morning, using my PL-398mp as a "spotter/leader", guiding the busted-display (no frequency readout) PL-606 to promising targets.  I'll need to go through the video when I get a chance before I post it, though, to weed out the extra stuff.
I did get fairly decent audio on 1575 through a combination of splash from 1580 KBLA Santa Monica, CA, 1580 KMIK Tempe, AZ & ~1570 KMIK-HD Tempe, AZ.  I did use the Select-A-Tenna, although I was still able to hear them when I removed the SAT from the PL-606.
I also was able to get 1566, which I presume was HLAZ.  The SAT was required, though - there was no barefoot reception.  I don't remember if I had any others, but I doubt it.  774-JOUB was missing, as was 972-HLCA, 657-Pyongyang and 594-JOAK, all of which have been heard here previously.  (JOAK is tough due to a local 5kW IBOC spewer on 600 less than 8 miles away.)  I also tried for 747-JOIB, 828-JOBB(?) and 693-JOAB(?), but was rewarded only with splatter and IBOC hash.
I hope to have a chance to post the video of my 1575 (and maybe 1566) reception later today or tomorrow, to prove that I did receive them (and hopefully someone can then confirm my suspicion that 1566 is HLAZ (confirmed previously) and 1575 is VOA-Thailand (heard previously but not confirmed)). :)