[IRCA] ALASKA TRIP

My wife and I just got back from a week-long cruise from Seattle to Juneau/Sitka/Ketchikan and back. I must confess that I really did not hang around a lot on the aft deck DXing, primarily because we had quite a bit of rain. Of note:

(1) In Juneau, there was a KINY-800 image on 710 (atop KIRO) and in Sitka, there was a KIFW-1230 image on 1320. If KJNO were on 620, it might explain a 710 image. I mention these because both images are 900 off of the primary frequencied station. Is there something about the  Tecsun 380 which I should know?

(2) In all three locations, during the daytime, also on the 380, there seemed to be two carriers fighting it out on 750. No audio discerned, and the sound was wiped out at night by Portland. I don't see any CBC LPRTs on 750. A similar sound was noted once on 1250. The sound is not heard here at home. Again, I have to wonder if this is something which is internally generated. Walt, do you hear anything like this on the island?

(3) Other than that, on 12/9, I heard classical music on 1150 en route Juneau at about 9:45pm PDT which doesn't match anything unless KKNW is even more diverse than usual on Sunday nights.

So not exactly a DX extravaganza - but some of the glaciers were spectacular!

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 & ICF2010