[IRCA] Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, August 3-September 6, 2012

[IRCA] Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, August 3-September 6, 2012

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

These logs are in frequency order by weekly batches separated by ======

** MEXICO. 640, August 13 at 1131 UT, ID for ``Radio Uno, Chihuahua``.
Nice to hear something else from Chihua2 than XEJUA in Juárez. Cantú:
``640 XEHHI Radio Uno Hidalgo del Parral, Chih. 10,000 1,000``
Today`s Enid sunrise is 1148 UT, getting 5-6 minutes later every week
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGETST)

** MEXICO. 650, August 13 at 1113, XETNT Los Mochis, Sinaloa, with
`Buenos Días, Yarderos` show on ``Radio 65, 106.5`` singing ID. I
wasn`t sure of that word until I found it on their program schedule
http://www.chavezradiocast.com/?page_id=395
for 4-6 am [MDT] with Alberto Guerrero, ``El Fogatero``. I still don`t
know what a yardero and a fogatero are, nor does my dixionary, nor
does Google Translate; local slang. Fogatero probably has something to
do with fire, arsonist? He sets fire to yards? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710, Monday August 13 at 1115 UT, XEDP Ciudad Cuauhtémoc
with that preacher in Low German. At tune in the accent is so strange
that at first I think he`s switched to some Indian language until I
start to recognize a few standard German words and my mind lox into
it; over at 1126 with ``XEDP, La Ranchera de Cuauhtémoc`` SID; and at
1130, full ID giving priority to their new FM: XHDP 89.7, then XEDP
710 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 830, August 13 at 1121 UT, ID as ``100.9, la nueva estrella
de Radio Zócalo``, several PSAs and ads, one mentioning Colonia Roma,
so along with Zócalo I naturally think it`s the DF station, but then
at 1123 mentions Saltillo with 100.9 promo, and 6:24 TC. Consult
Cantú:

Nothing on 830 in Saltillo, Coahuila; but there is La Norteñita XEIK
in Piedras Negras. And there is a 100.9 in Saltillo listed as XHSA, La
Reina.

Grupo Zócalo is not in the DF at all; we find out all about this by
googling to this story from last October:
http://noticiasderadiodelmundo.blogspot.com/2011/10/mexico-otorgan-2-nuevas-fm-nucleo-radio.html

Says they got two new FM frequencies for Piedras Negras, 96.7 and
100.9, XHVM and XHIK, to be on the air in six months, in keeping with
the `migration` from AM to FM. So I am getting XEIK, not turned off
yet, simulcasting XHIK 100.9. Neither of the new FMs is listed yet in
Cantú`s Coahuila page under Piedras Negras:
http://www.mexicoradiotv.com/coahuila/index.htm
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1140, Aug 9 at 0500 I suspend SW monitoring to try to catch
a definite ID from XEMR. Initially good dominant signal belying the
``nothing to the north`` pattern, music which stops at 0500 with no
ID, right into Mexican NA, choral multiverse lasting until 0505;
finally, when it has faded a bit, very quick and hard to copy ID by
YL, with self-imposed QRMusic, but includes XEMR, 1140-AM, 50
kilovatios, street address (apparently a mandatory part of legal IDs
in Mexico), and right back to music. Did not hear ``Radio Esperanza``
mentioned (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

======

** MEXICO. 570, Aug 16 at 1124 UT, news by M&W alternating, mentions
Montemorelos, Nuevo León, 6:24 timecheck, also mentions Monterrey.
No doubt per Cantú it is: ``570 XEBJB Radio 570 Monterrey, N.L. 5,000
500``, and 630 XEFB was also in, q.v. (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 590, Aug 16 at 1127 UT, temp a chilly 13 grados en ``la más
caliente``, text numbers, romantic music. Prime suspect is XEPH in
Mexico City, official name La Sabrosita, heard a couple weeks ago with
non-ID as ``Radio Paco``, presumably the DJ`s nickname. Elsewhere in
Mexico, there are stations whose prime name is ``La Más Kaliente``
with a K-. But googling on ``La Mas Caliente`` 590 goes right to XEPH
as it is one of their sub-slogans. Cool temp also fits for hi-
elevation Mexico City pre-sunrise.

Speaking of which, Enid sunrise today was 1151 UT. 1100 is now way too
early for sunrise skip enhancement, and by 1200 there was little from
Mexico even on the high end of MW. In less than a biweek, our own
sunrise will reach 1200 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 630, Aug 16 at 1122 UT, fair XE signal here where
XEFB Monterrey usually dominates, with promo for some sports event on
`La Invasora 99.7` but also on XEFB, sibling station; spoken by that
SHVA = super-hype voice actor, heard on so many Mexican and American
stations. Also heard him this morning at same time on Fort Worth 1270
and Kansas City 1250. Wonder who he is; must be earning a mint. Maybe
there are others super-hyping in the same style (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710, Aug 18 at 0600, looking for Mexican NAs, but instead
hear a different one: since lyric mentions ``chihuahuense`` I am
confident it is Chihua2`s and therefore the usual dominator XEDP
Ciudad Cuauhtémoc. A good time to hear the state anthem any night.
There was also an unusual lo het on the frequency; R. Rebelde
reverberators were nulled (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1140, XEMR Monterey on new religious format 0559 2/8, now
regular. Full Spanish ident 0606 over KYDS [Las Vegas NV] as “XEMR…
wats de potencia.. Radio Esperanza” (Bryan Clark at Mangawhai
(Northland), New Zealand with AOR7030+, EWEs to North, Central & South
America, 100m BOG to NE and Alpha Delta Sloper antennas, Aug NZ DX
Times via DXLD)

** MEXICO. 1560, Aug 19 at 0530 UT, ID ``en Radio Viva``, timecheck
for 11:30, into a song about salvación. barely atop the pileup of
signals here, loops rather E/W and wonder if a US station? No,
Googling leads right to XEJPV in Ciudad Juárez --- which Cantú lists
as a 1 kW daytimer, but it`s almost midnight!
1560 XEJPV Radio Viva Cd. Juárez, Chih. 1,000 D
IRCA Mexican Log of 2011 however has it as 10 kW day, maybe 1 kW nite;
WRTH 2012 shows it as 1 kW fulltime
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

========

** MEXICO. 560, Aug 25 at 1119 UT, canned promo for FM 93.3, then live
YL DJ with phone numbers, mentions Zacatecas, music. Weak but clear
signal; where are all the other Mexican and US stations? Held up past
1130. Cantú nails it:
560 XEXZ Lupe + FM 93.3 Zacatecas, Zac. 5,000 1,000
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 700, Aug 25 at 1115 UT, weak but steady and unQRMed signal
mentioning ``1110 AM, Radio Red``, so it`s the Guadalajara 10 kW
relay, XEDKR (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710, Aug 25 at 1109 UT, XEDP Ciudad Cuauhtémoc is still
playing the Chihuahua anthem with male singer; then female sings a
prayer of some sort; 1111 sign-on or full ID; 1112 right into ranchera
music, so no Mennonite preacher today Saturday in Low German or
Spanish (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 760, Aug 28 at 1202 UT, full ID in Spanish, but too much
QRM to get a clue, then plays choral Mexican NA. There are two
Sonorans and a Chihuahuan in the UT-6 zone (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 770, Aug 28 at 1201 UT, `Gloria` song with Spanish lyrix
from WSW; 1206 ID mentioning ``104.3, Los 40 Principales`` and into
rock with English lyrix. Thus per Cantú it is again:
770 XEREV Los 40 Principales + FM 104.3 Los Mochis, Sin. 5,000 100
and again I can`t believe this good signal dominating the frequency on
sunrise skip can be on night power, tho the Sinaloans pretend it is 6
am by the local advanced clock (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 790, Aug 28 at 1207 UT amid QRM, Spanish talk mentioning
``Estados Unidos`` (in a way the Mexicans would, not ourselves), 1208
choral Mexican NA starts rather late, finished already at 1210,
mentions Radio Fórmula. Cantú shows:
790 XENT Radio Fórmula + FM 97.5 La Paz, B.C.S. 10,000 750
There is another R. Fórmula on 790, but only 250 watts from
Guadalajara. Sunrise there is 1236, and in La Paz 1302 UT, but this
loops WSW, and I`m quite sure it`s XENT. Besides, Guadalajara would be
antheming around 1100 UT (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 870, Aug 29 at 1200 UT the Mexican music I am hearing is
coming from KLSQ Nevada as IDed a minute later, see USA. Once upon a
time, XETAR in Chihuahua owned this frequency around local sunrise
here. That`s presumably what started to make a SAH of about 5 Hz with
KLSQ at 1204 with bits of the Mexican NA (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 980, Aug 24 at 1203 UT, news and weather originating from
the DF, loops more west than south, and suspect it`s the IMER station
I have heard before, per Cantú:
980 XEFQ La Voz de la Ciudad del Cobre, Cananea, Sonora 2,500 500
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. Sunrise DX session August 24, UT; LSR Enid at 1157 UT:
990, Aug 24 at 1202 tune-in, dominant signal from XECL Mexicali giving
full ID, Rocola. Cantú shows higher nite power!
990 XECL La Rocola Mexicali, B.C. 1,400 3,000
I was also getting Mexicali on TV last night, coincidentally?
(Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. Sunrise DX session August 24, UT; LSR Enid at 1157 UT:
1130 at 1201 UT, I can hear a weak Mexican NA under LA or KS station.
Presumably at 6 am local, so in the MDT/CST zone, not CDT. That means
BCS, Sinaloa, Nayarit or Chihuahua. That means one or the other of:
1130 XELUP Radio Lupita      Tepic, Nay.      1,000 D
1130 XEMOS W Radio + FM 94.1 Los Mochis, Sin. 1,000 250
per http://www.mexicoradiotv.com/frec_am_1100-1390.htm
Nayarit is rare here, and Sinaloa common, FWIW
(Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1140, Aug 28 at 0506 UT after NA, too-quick full ID from
XEMR, Monterrey, just caught ``Radio Esperanza, emisora manantial, del
grupo ---``, right into gospel rock praise music. Continues to
dominate frequency even tho pattern shows all signal goes south (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

==========

** MEXICO. Sunrise-skip DX was a bust on Sept 2, but lotsa on Sept 3, perhaps due to the K-index being 3 at 1200, and SW depressed; today`s Enid LSR = 1205 UT:

540, Sept 3 at 1159 UT, ``La Ranchera, Chihuahua``, in full ID as a B-M emisora. Chex out here:
http://www.radiocasasgrandes.com.mx/home7.php
and in Cantú the only one in the state:
540 XETX La Ranchera de Paquimé + FM 90.5 Nuevo Casas Grandes, Chih. 1,000 250 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 560, Sept 3 at 1155 UT, 6:55 TC by YL, mentions ``La Triple O``, so I`m hoping there is an XEOOO listed, but not, nor any other triple-letter call. Nor any triple-anything on FM related to 560 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 590, Sept 3 at 1157 UT, ID sounds like XETJU, or maybe referred to FM XHTJU. So naturally I figure it`s got to be in Tijuana, but none on 590. Instead Cantú shows:
590 XECJU La Explosiva Puerto Vallarta, Jal. 10,000 5,000
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 620, Sept 3 at 1204 UT, NA by band, then another anthem: yes, it`s Chihuahua`s with vocal by male, so per Cantú:
620 XEBU La Norteñita + FM 91.7 Chihuahua, Chih. 5,000 1,000
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 650, Sept 1 at 1159 UT, XETNT, Radio 65 ID just as I tune in; a regular from Los Mochis, Sinaloa (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 660, Sept 1 at 1205 UT, kept talking about carnitas, and Mercado Morelos. While there are such markets all over Mexico, a previous log of Oct 5 last year with more details correlated that with:
660 XEACB Radio 660, La Tremenda Cd. Delicias, Chih. 3,000 1,000
However, current Cantú has amended this to:
660 XEACB La Lupe + FM 98.9 Cd. Delicias, Chih. 3,000 1,000
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 660, Sept 3 at 0601 UT, Chihuahua state anthem by tenor and chorus; the keyword to copy is ``chihuahuenses``. So it`s the only 660 in the state, per Cantú:
660 XEACB La Lupe + FM 98.9 Cd. Delicias, Chih. 3,000 1,000
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 680, Sept 1 at 1206 UT, ``Noticias en Punto`` is all I get, but searching on that + 680 leads to (beware of autolaunching audio)
http://megamediosguasave.org/index.php
which does have such a newscast at 6-8 am, and another at 1-2 pm MDT, so it is per Cantú:
680 XEORO La Mera Jefa + FM 93.7 Guasave, Sinaloa 1,000 500
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 680, Sept 3 at 1206 UT, NA, then ID mentions ``Chihuahua, México``, QRM, so Cantú:
680 XEFO Éxtasis Digital + FM 92.5 Chihuahua, Chih. 5,000 250
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 720, Sept 1 at 0226 UT I am trying for KDWN Las Vegas NV, as suggested by Kaz just before local sunset pattern change. I get a good null on WGN, but no KDWN, just Spanish music, and at 0230 fades up for full super-hype ID from XEDE, Saltillo, Coahuila, where it`s 31 degrees at 9:30. Not quite collinear with WGN, so if I try to null XEDE I get WGN again, no KDWN (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 730, Sept 3 at 0503 UT, mixture of at least three SS on the radio in the bathroom as I am brushing my teeth, positioned to favor N-S paths, yet I make out a ``La Ke Buena`` slogan mixing with XEHB and W (XEX); then one of them playing NA. Cantú shows Ke Buena is westward and the least of the nine Mexicans now on what was once a clear channel:
730 XEEBC Ke Buena + FM 97.9 Ensenada, B.C. 1,000 250
These modern Mexicans don`t know how to spell Qué
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 730, Sept 4 at 0502 UT, ``Ke Buena señal, Radiorama, 107.1 FM y 730 AM, son las once`` dominating frequency, into music; loops SSW.

We have a mystery here: must be something new. Last night at 0503 I also heard ``La Ke Buena``, and assumed it was XEEBC Ensenada BCN, the only listed Ke Buena on 730. But this TC for 11 pm (if correct) means it has to be in one of only four states now on MDT/CST: Nayarit, Sinaloa, BCS, Chihuahua. Unless it`s relaying a network feed with wrong frequency and time (like R. Fórmula 970). But that would come out of the DF where it`s medianoche.

That rules out XEEBC in UT-7; also, their FM is on 97.9. Extensive affiliate list for Radiorama
http://www.radiorama.com.mx/secciones.php?sec_id=32
Shows that and the only 107.1 is in Chilpancingo, Guerrero, but this goes with AM 680. Radiorama group encompasses many slogans, some appearing in many markets, some unique. Is any `Ke Buena` necessarily a Radiorama brand?

Cantú, IRCA and WRTH show the only 730s in the UT-6 states are:
XEHB in Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua, a regular here and easily IDed with ``Radio Viva Villa``, 50 kW days and probably at night too. And:
XELBG in Loreto BCS, Radio Gigante, 10 kW daytimer. Nothing on 107.1 in Cantú matches up. Maybe on another night I`ll manage to catch a geographical ID.

Radiorama makes it a Mexican, but beware: SS could also be a US ``Que Buena``, cf. OKLAHOMA 1270. NRC AM Log shows the *only* US SS on 730 is KSVN, Ogden UT, 66 watts at night, ``La Mexicana`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 730, the mystery is solved about where ``Ke Buena`` is coming from. As suggested by Neil Kazaross, IL/WI, it is in fact a new name for XEHB in Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua, ex-Radio Viva Villa. Rather sorry to find that colorful name in homage to Pancho Villa has been retired (or moved elsewhere?).

Sept 5 at 1200 UT, expected VG signal on SRS, but no NA is played, just hyper Mexican music. 1201, full ID including ``XEHB-FM, 107.1, 25 kW, Hidalgo del Parral, cadena internacional, Radiorama``. This very recent change is not showing up yet in the listings, notably Cantú, rechecked at 1400 UT. Neil says he`s asked Fred about it.

Ke Buena is listed there on 700 instead:
700 XEGD Ke buena + FM 90.3 Hidalgo del Parral, Chih. 5,000	1,000
so we wonder if the formats on 700 and 730 have been swapped? But it`s not that simple as the FM frequency doesn`t match the announced 107.1 heard on 730. And 107.1 is not listed for anything in that city.

I also check 700 at 1200 UT, and a much weaker signal has a low-key discussion in Spanish, 1203 mentions Coahuila, but that`s all I could get, source unknown. It`s not clear if XEGD and XEHB are jointly owned, lacking weblinx for either in Cantú by-state listings. Martin Foltz, who is compiling the next IRCA Mexican Log, is checking whether the other Ke Buena on 730, in Ensenada BCN, retains that slogan.

In fact, the only Hidalgo del Parral station in the Radiorama affiliate list is yet another one:
Hidalgo Del Parral RADIO MIL XEHPC 1000AM
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1633, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 740, Sept 1 at 1158, I am hearing some mariachi music when KRMG Tulsa is nulled, 1159 rewarded by ID for a 25 kW FM en Los Mochis, Sinaloa, and also 740. Cantú shows:
740 XECW Stereo Vida + FM 96.5 Los Mochis, Sin. 5,000 1,000

A new one here; KRMG 25 kW night pattern has a deep null at 278 degrees, close to us, tho we can always hear it; major night lobes are 245 and 97 degrees. KRMG daytime 50 kW begins at 1200 UT in September, ex-1145 in August (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 750, Sept 3 at 1211 UT, ``750, Éxtasis Digital, Sinaloa``, then choral NA. Cantú:
750 XECSI Éxtasis Digital + FM 89.5 Culiacán, Sin. 5,000 250
(There is another Éstasis Digital on 750 in Acapulco)
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENNG DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 750, Sept 5 at 1205 UT, after NA, Chihuahua anthem, no ID but into CV of some official from the steel industry, Horacio Campaña Acosta, must be this guy originally from Sinaloa, matching CV items:
http://sinaloensesejemplares.com/horacio-campana-acosta/
Then, president Calderón gobierno federal PSA also mentioning Secretaría de Educación Pública. Relying on Cantú. station must be
750 XEOH La Jefa + FM 96.1 Cd. Camargo, Chih. 1,000 750

Altho I see he has now expanded his cross-border listings to include 5 US K-call stations in El Paso del Norte, under Ciudad Juárez, including the one on 750, KAMA, with Univisión América. I assume KAMA has not ``gone Mexican`` to the extent of playing their NA and state anthem; but you never know. Surely there`s no law against a US-licensed station doing so, altho there probably is a law prohibiting Mexicans from playing the Star Spangled Banner or Deep in the Heart of Tejas (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 760, Sept 3 at 0534 UT, ``la música que te gusta``, 11:34 TC. So it has to be one of these two in the UT-6 zone, per Cantú:
760 XEES Antena + FM 102.5     Chihuahua, Chih. 10,000 1,000
760 XEEB La Preciosa + FM 98.5 Cd. Obregón, Son. 5,000 1,000

Since Antena 760 is a newstalk format, one might lean toward the other; except XEES program schedule
http://www.antena760.com/programacion.php
shows they play music overnight and after `La Hora Nacional`
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 780, Sept 4 at 0504 UT, state anthem, but which? underneath WBBM opening `When Radio Was` and the open carrier from KSPI Stillwater OK. Assuming played at local midnite, all 8 Mexicans on 780 are in the UT-5 zone (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 790, Aug 31 at 1206 UT, choral NA, 1207 sign-on by XENT, Grupo Fórmula in La Paz BCS, also mentions 25 kW on FM 97.5, as in Cantú:
790 XENT Radio Fórmula + FM 97.5 La Paz, B.C.S. 10,000 750
More definite than my Aug 28 log; still QRM from news station in English, ad for Springdale Ford, i.e. KURM Rogers, Arkansas again (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 790, Sept 4 at 1216 UT, R. Fórmula ID making SAH with US station, presumably XENT again from La Paz BCS, rather than Guadalajara at this hour. I got a late start on SRS today as the bottom of the band had already outfaded; T-storm crashes occasionally on the lower frequencies too from just across the border in Kansas (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 870, Aug 31 at 1201 UT, choral NA, 1202, sign-on ``desde el corazón de la cultura indígena``, alternating Spanish and local language(s), with indigenous music, but XETAR calls pronounced in Spanish only. Same lite SAH circa 5 Hz as heard 48 hours earlier when KLSQ Nevada was dominant. Looking forward to better reception of this interesting daytime station, especially its full sign-on. Cantú:
870 XETAR La Voz de la Sierra Tarahumara Guachochi, Chih. 10,000 D
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 870, Sept 4 at 1217 UT, IFE PSA, XETAR ID barely audible, very poor and about to fade out; Guachochi, Chihuahua (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 900, Sept 3 at 1208 UT, TC for ``6 y 8 en 106(?)``, so which 900 station in the UT-6 zone has an FM in the 106s? Cantú shows the only one in MDT/CST is:
900 XEDT Hits FM + FM 98.3 Cd. Cuauhtemoc, Chih. 5,000 1,500
So that trumps the FM connexion presumably misheard: ``Punto tres`` instead of ``ciento seis`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 980, Sept 1 at 1202 UT, live announcer from La Voz de la Ciudad del Cobre (Copper City), greeting a new day and a new month, informal slogan ``canal 98``, mentions IMER, 5:03 am, 21 grados, all over music bed. Cantú:
980 XEFQ La Voz de la Cd. del Cobre Cananea, Sonora 2,500 500
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1480, Aug 31 at 0507 UT, choral Mexican NA under talk from presumed KQAM Wichita. 0508 segué to soprano with a state anthem, I`ve heard before but can`t remember which one. By announcement at 0510, too much QRM to copy. There are four possibilities in the CDT zone (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

========

** MEXICO. 660, Sept 6 at 0600 UT, full ID from the only Chihuahua 660 station, and then state song. Cantú:
660 XEACB La Lupe + FM 98.9 Cd. Delicias, Chih. 3,000 1,000
The third time I`ve heard it recently without confirming that`s still the ID in the volatile Mexican radio scene (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 680, Sept 6 at 1159 UT, full ID from ``La Mera Jefa``, including: ``93.7 y 680``, ``la radio que manda``, ``Megamedios, Guasave, Sinaloa``, 1201 `Noticias en Punto`. But did not catch any call letters. Cantú shows:
680 XEORO La Mera Jefa + FM 93.7 Guasave, Sin. 1,000 500
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 700, Sept 6 at 1158 UT, Radio Red ID and promo, temp as 14.7 degrees, presumably at the flagship hi-altitude DF station XERED, while 700 is XEDKR in Guadalajara; weak but alone on frequency (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 760, Sept 6 at 1202 UT, full ID for XECSI, Éxtasis Digital, Culiacán, also mentioned an FM, and defined the format as featuring música en inglés. Then played choral NA in Spanish. Cantú:
750 XECSI Éxtasis Digital + FM 89.5 Culiacán, Sin. 5,000 250
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 770, Sept 6 at 1204 UT, after NA, 2 or 3 funny voices, 1205 mentions ``Cadena 40 Principales``. The only one on 770 per Cantú: