[IRCA] Victoria DX for 11 Aug 2012

I tried using the little copper pipe ALA100 loop this morning (1.3 meters per side) for a change, because it is quite good on longwave, and wanted to see if I could hear anything that Dennis and Steve are hearing down there.

Well, 279 did deliver the strongest signal across LW and MW, but it still wasn't very strong; audio was barely there at 1100UT, but was somewhat better at 1200, enough to recognize RR talk by a man, light piano mx, and six pips across the hour (last one elongated). Last audio was around 1237UT, when pan flute mx was heard, but faded to a weak carrier shortly afterwards. No audio on any of the other Russian LW however.

The ALA100 suffers more from domestic interference than does the Flag, but 612 did make an appearance after 1245UT (assumed 4QR), never more than a mumble, with man and woman talking, lasting past 1300UT. 774 had brief mumbly audio at 1248UT, with a woman talking, but no possibility of any parallel at this time; maybe 3LO.

best wishes,

Nick