 From: Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:26 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] New Station KARI 550 Blaine, WA

It took years to finally ID KBRW fo me living on the Northern Oregon
Coast. KNBR SF is a powerhouse here running 50 KW ND 24/7. It is easier
to log stations to the East on 680, that North. Plus CHFA is in the way.
I knew I had logged KBRW in the past, but I could never get an ID from
them. The format matched, but at ID time, too much KNBR, until a few
years ago during a very good Northern opening that gave KBRW a slight
edge in signal. I caught their weather forecast, IDs, and even IDs for
their translators. But it wasn't easy phasing down KNBR enough. KBRW is
a good verifier too. I have their bumper sticker on the back of my van.
  Living in AK for 12-1/2 years (55-67), AK has always been an interest
to me. I only need a few stations to have them all, so I keep trying
from Fall to Spring KTKN-930, KBBI-890, KENI-650 and KFQD-750 are the
easiest here.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin