Re: [IRCA] ASIAN TRIP

Pete:

What was the programming on 1269? I assume it wasn't English so no chance of Australia. At that time, it shouldn't be the superpowered CRI west of you, so it must be Taiwan or Philippines although they are only 10 kw. It's curious it was apparently heard well in Phuket.

Perhaps 801 is the powerful Taiwan station?

675 should be the Voice of Vietnam station which is a frequent visitor to the west coast.

612: there's nothing from Vietnam listed. My guess (due to power and relative closeness) is Fujian.

Hong Kong: are you referring to the somewhat white knuckled landing approach between the mountains? Or do you not lik the pretzels they give to passengers?

Chuck