Re: [IRCA] Fiji off AM except 558

Shoot! All I heard on 890 in the late 70s was AFRS Adak...Would have loved Fiji.

Don Kaskey
San Francisco CA

Patrick Martin wrote:
Radio Fiji had some different frequncies back in the late 70s when I
first heard them. They were using 1323 ,1206,  891, and 711. Later on
they switched to 774 and 1152 vacating the above 4. I think the only 2
frequencies I never heard were 990 and 1089. 1089 was a 1 KW portable
unit. The regular one here that I could depend on was 891. Their 10 KW
from Lautoka had a great signal. I called Dave Williams and we were
talking about the old 890, later 891. But the 890 was common through the
70s before the switch to the 9 kHz plan. After WLS would fade out
(before KDXU), Fiji was there.

73,

Patrick
Patrick Martin