Re: [IRCA] 900 off (finally)

  Yahoo!  It's time to turn the old radio on again. I was starting to lose interest in DXing but this gives me another excuse to do some late night listening. Did anyone here witness the sudden disappearance of the carrier and at what time it was shut down? I just now checked the IRCA emails at 23:45 PDT on 06/07/12 and saw the notes . I wasn't tuning in until now and so what I'm hearing is 2 or 3 signals and the dominating one is the non English talk show on what I read is KBIF in Fresno CA with a secondary playing music and it sounds like C&W from Prince Albert SK which is now getting lost in the jumble of signals and so no IDs at TOH at 0 hour going into Friday. A very unstable mix and nothing is really peaking but some SS talk  and singing. I guess some earlier tuning in will make things a little more interesting. It's time to call it a night. I don't know why they waited so long to pull the plug but all that BS about waiting for nice weather
 to take a boat out to a rock near Victoria to go and slowly turn this tranny off was exactly that: BS. Todays weather wasn't exactly favourable for that. At 00:12 PDT on 06/08/12 I heard a good ID from CKBI and the C&W is trying to outdo everybody else. I've heard enough and will continue tomorrow night to see if I can pull in something a little further out like Hamilton. 890 is now a good deal better wherever it is coming from and 910 will also be looked at in the near future. Bill in BC