Re: [IRCA] NE Oregon TPs, Wednesday (1674 Philippines?)

Re: [IRCA] NE Oregon TPs, Wednesday (1674 Philippines?)

Steve,

The Aussies are reporting three stations on 1674. From the latest Australian DX News via DXLD:

73, Glenn Hauser

** AUSTRALIA. [X-band logs excerpted] 1611, Vision Radio Network in
Melbourne with UCB news 2020 23/4. (RW) [RW is never identified -- gh]

1629, HRH Newcastle. Old classic songs 40’s and 50’s this 100 watt
station 0850 going well from 130 miles away 4/5 over the The Goanna
station. (C-DX).

1638, The Goanna. This network still going 0937 with ID as “The
Goanna”, C and W songs. 4/5 (C-DX).

1663, 3ME Melbourne. AA music 23/4 1130 (RW).

1674, Vision Radio Network, Brisbane. UCB News with Mike London 0900-
0920 f/out then religious programming, Fair level 4/5 then clobbered
by LION FM faded in over them. (C-DX).

1674, LION FM, Frankston Vic. 0920 Faded in over the top of the Vision
BNE station. 4/5 then an announcement which was a good thing I had 3
other Dxers there to hear the announcement, “LION FM does not
broadcast on the Jewish Sabbath”!!! So they play pop songs! What an
ID! (C-DX).

1674, Surf FM, Frankston Vic. While looking for LION FM! 1045 5/5 ID’s
one of them was “Variety 90’s to now Melbourne’s Surf City sound
1674”. Good level played several songs then an ID that was the
programming. (CDX).

1683, Greek Radio, Revesby NSW. Greek music 1200 23/4 (RW), Robert
this is only 2 miles away from my place in a direct line and gee Con
destroys this part of the band! -ed. John Wright

(C-DX = Cataract Dam DX Pedition, near Appin NSW:
John Wright ICOM R8500, 100 metres longwire.
John Sanderson FRG 7 and 50 metres of wire.
Denis Smithson ICOM R71A and 50 metres of wire
David Brown ICOM R75 and 50 metres of wire
June Australian DX News via DXLD)

Again tuning up 1600 kHz 0835-0835 KGST Fresno California, brief nice
ID but then slid back into the mud! I kept tuning the dial to 1674 khz
and heard Vision Radio Network, the new station from Brisbane as it
turns out, heard by John Hagen and then Tony Magon.

Whilst doing a reception report 0900-0920 UT up came pop music on the
same frequency to clobber the Vision religious station. I persisted
and got an ID as LION FM, then the ID as “LION FM does not broadcast
on the Jewish Sabbath”! I thought this lot had gone forever but Surf
radio has shared airtime! Now that was also a surprise! Heard at a
good level, on occasions.

Again we listened to 1674 kHz and got another surprise, 1674 not Lion
FM but was Surf Radio! (CATARACT DAM DXpedition 2012 By John Wright,
starting Friday 4th May, June Australian DX News via DXLD)

Re: