Re: [IRCA] Testing the Alinco DX-R8 Receiver

Re: [IRCA] Testing the Alinco DX-R8 Receiver

> Hi Guy,
>
> I don't have an DX-R8 receiver therefore I cannot comment on how the I/Q
> output was implemented.

OK - here is the challenge:

I have the DX-R8T receiver. And yup, it has I/Q o/p
on the back...
and I have tried it with one piece of SDR software (KG-SDR)
and the result was a very distorted and unusable
audio on 15 Mhz WWV.

Granted I am using the Toshiba ND555 notebook that has
a microphone audio i/p and for all I know, I am distorting
or overdriving the input.

I am admitting that I am pretty much in the dark about I/Q
outputs and suitable software and I am not ashamed to admit it.
I have built SDR radios likes the soft-rock transceiver quite
successfully.

So - if anyone considers themselves knowledgeable about SDR and I/Q
outputs, please e-mail be explicit instructions...
like: Download this particular software and set your receiver or
PC accordingly.

Not being the lazy type, I am wading through a variety of google searches
trying to learn while I have the radio...

Thanks everyone.