[IRCA] 540,990,1010,1110,1260,1330,1460

04/23/12--2100 -2200 PDT ,Victoria BC
Tuning in from 9 to 10 PM Pac DaLt Time I found a few things leaning towards the abnormal again after a few weeks of what I would consider normal conditions.
540 is devoid of any signal that's strong enough to produce audio.(No CBC SK)
990 is a weak mix of unintelligible noise ( No CBC MB)
1010 is almost clear of any signals (No CBC AB, But 960 AB is mixed with CA
1110 has Punjabi format KPRA Oak Harbour, WA
 on air until sometime before 10 PM PDT - Sign off on Spring- Summer schedule this past weekend --up from 7PM previous.
1260 shows a signal with Oldies format ( only KLYC McMinnville OR is listed.) ( No CFRN AB)
1330 has a Spanish language religion format with preach and heavy rock sounding songs included
mentioning Portland Vancouver. ( I guess KKPZ went from EE to SS or is both)
1460 with sports has gone back to where it was hiding previously.( No ID from this one)
After 10 PM the three CBC stations are weakly returning to own their usual spots.
It seems like skip was basically running north-south only tonight when I started my scan. Can anyone out there explain what causes directional skip? Thanks
Bill in BC