[IRCA] 12 March Auroral Logs

On Sunday night 12 March Don Moore invited me to connect my Perseus to
a 400' south BOG at his folk's home here in central PA, and we let the
SDR's running all night. I'm just now starting to review the
recordings, and have found a number of new stations. The beam of the
antenna was pointed ~ 180 degrees which meant that Colombia,
Venezuela, Cuba and Haiti were in the bore sight, and that's what the
recordings have yielded so far (times are between 0400-0430 UTC unless
otherwise noted):

Colombia - 690 Radio Recuerdos, 730 Radio Cadena Melodia 0000 UTC, and
760/770 RCN

Cuba - usual clowder of Progresso, Rebelde and Reloj stations plus 740
Radio Angula 0000 UTC, 910 Radio Cadena Agramonte, 930 Radio Surco
(presumed), 990 Radio Guama, 1000 Radio Granma, 1040 & 1140 Radio
Mayabeque 0000 UTC, 1050 Radio Victoria 0000 UTC, 1060 Radio 26 0000
UTC, and 1080 Radio Cadena Habana (pres) 0000 UTC

Haiti - 760 presumed Radio Lumiere with FR prayers for Haitian
listeners, "à la famille haitienne" and religious music (thanks to
Henrik Klemenz on RealDX for assistance in ID'ing this); this is
listed as 2 kW in my 2010 WRTH

US - 580 WKAQ and 680 WAPA San Juan, PR

Venezuela - unID YV's on 720, 740, and 1080 (with national anthems at
0430 UTC) plus 770 Radio Nacional (with anthem), 780 Radio Coro, 880
Radio Paraguana, tentative 900 Radio Venezuela (with many mentions of
Venezuela over Progresso), and 910 presumed Radio Q 910 (with anthem)

Audio clips are up at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bds2/audio/zion2012/
and logs will be periodically updated at
http://www.radiodxing.com/zion2012/zion2012.html

Brett Saylor
N3EVB-State College PA USA
Perseus SDR