[IRCA] Argentina! 990 kHz

Jim Renfrew, Holley

MAR 12 Perseus files review

0100 EST 990 R. Splendid AM, Buenos Aires - with several IDS, 0059 "transmite Radio Spendid en 990 khz", and another ID at 0100 that also mentions "La Republica Argentina". WDCX 990 went off the air suddenly at 0000. This is 5477 miles from here. NEW COUNTRY #76! The Brazilians logged on 1100 and 1220 the day before are 5011 and 5041 miles from here. Kuwait and UAE are my furthest from here.

0100 EST 990 CUBA Pinar del Rio - presumed with Cuban NA at 0100::45 under Argentina. This is also new.

0101 EST 990 BRAZIL UNID with impassioned preacher, one of the Pentecostal networks. Saul and I have been trying to figure this one out. The Argentine logging now allows us to look further south in Bazil for a clue about this one. not just the northeast.