[IRCA] Chicago outage from West Michigan

[IRCA] Chicago outage from West Michigan

Results from Michigan this morning and maybe more to surface from the SDR
recordings later:

670: Had Radio Rebelde (Cuba) in strong, relog.

670: Tentative morse code ID from KBOI heard at the "imaginary level" at
08:37:50 UTC.  Extreme filtering required and Argo software to visually
confirm what I thought I was hearing.  I could pick out a distinct "- . .
." & "- - -", not enough for an official logging, but...

671: Cuba, but this is the first I've been able to hear audio from it, so
new official log I guess.

720: XEDE-AM "La Kaliente" was the dominant Mexican that I heard with Banda
music, new.

720: XEAVR "Radio Fórmula" was heard during the last hour of the outage,
weak under XEDE and parallel to 780, new.

780: XEMTS "Radio Fórmula" was the dominant Mexican on 780 here, new.

780: XEWGR was also doing well with high energy dance music and re-mixes of
various English and Spanish pop tunes, also new.

Also noted in passing: 700 XEDKR "Radio Red" completely over WLW at one
point, relog.  KHSE was also heard over WLW briefly with Asian
programming.  Some DU hets also visible during these hours: 702, 738, and
some others at the lower half of the band.  At the opposite end of the
dial, 1710 khz had "The Big Q" just before the outage, but with a poor
signal.

Thanks to those involved with getting the word out, and those who arranged
the DX tests on such short notice.  It was a fun morning since these three
Chicago stations are truly impossible for me to null.

Tim Tromp
West Michigan