[IRCA] New AM Signal In The Pacific

I don't know what kind of power level they're running, but I suspect 5 to
10KW. I also don't know what frequency they're operating, but it's possible
they're on 621kHz or something nearby to that, as they used to have an AM
on that frequency.

They do have an FM Channel, operating with about 200W from a 50 to 100 foot
mast next to their studio.

Posted on www.tuvalu-news.tv in December 2011
December 30, 2011 New AM Radio Station in Funafu, Tuvalu
9th of November 2011, new AM radio station completed its construction under
the support from Japanese government and they started their broadcasting
experimentally.

In Tuvalu, the radio is the only media and it broadcasts many kinds of
information that are closely related to people’s everyday life. Until now,
FM broadcasting had been used in Tuvalu. However, there were some islands
where people there could not listen the radio properly because of the
remoteness of those islands. Thanks to the new AM radio station, people in
all the 9 islands can get the information from the radio without hindrance.

Ms. Afasene Pese, Program Producer of Tuvalu Radio, said;“Now, all the
stuffs in Tuvalu Radio are very happy to work here because all the rooms
and radio equipments are very new. At the studio in our radio station
before, we did not have a good soundproofing. That is why, sometimes people
can hear the noise from outside such as dog’s barking, the sound of rain
and people’s shouting. While our new radio studio has a high quality
soundproofing. We cannot hear any sound from outside. Though the radio is
the only media in Tuvalu, there were some islands they cannot get our
broadcasting because of their remoteness. We got a lot of their complains
in those days. Now, all the people in Tuvalu can get valuable information
for their life with 100% satisfaction. We get a lot of happy voice from
them. We never experienced such a wonderful thing before. We deeply
appreciate to the people in Japan."