 From: bill kral <jwkral@xxxxxxxx>
To: "irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 5, 2012 3:35 PM
Subject: [IRCA] CKMO 900 TX

03/05/12--15:00 PST--Victoria BC
A releable source at Rogers Com FM Station JACK FM told me that the AM 900 transmitter will be decommissioned later this week or early next week (no specific day or time) depending on the (marine) weather since it involves using a small boat to go to a small rocky island east of Victoria to throw switches and pull plugs and sequentially shut down all the electronics in the transmitter building but not the lights on the towers which have to stay on until the towers can be dismantled sometime later this year if nobody in the broadcasting business comes along in the meantime to set up shop on the 900 freq before that happens. So in the meantime I'll have to put 900 on the back burner for a few more nights and check out other slots for something I haven't heard yet.
Bill in BC