Re: [IRCA] 1710 WQFG689 NJ TIS

On Wednesday 15 February 2012 19:05:08 Chernos Saul wrote:
> WQFG689 Hudson Valley NJ, and listed in new IRCA TIS-HAR logbook. Huge
>  here at Burnt Rive

I tuned to 1710 and only heard a lot of noise plus a weak pirate playing
music (R. Celestial).  I thought Saul was exaggerating about the TIS being
huge, when, lo and behold, a signal rose up out of the noise with talk about
amber alerts, various PSAs, and WQFG689 ID - and they really were huge for a
few minutes.  Thanks for the tip!

BTW, I measured the TIS carrier frequency to be 1710.0032.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON