[IRCA] KDUN 1030 (OR) finally logged in IL

[IRCA] KDUN 1030 (OR) finally logged in IL

I'm still going over Perseus recordings from the very fine early Feb SSS cx and on Feb 2 at about 1927 CST a 50's type oldies song was noted mixing with the remains of WBZ (back nulled about 25 to 30 dB) and then another old oldie and then I thought the man said K-Dune at the end of something jumbled and into a medical oriented ad and then the gal clearly said Reedsport Medical Clinic at 1931.

Finally in the log book after what must've been 100 tries in very good SSS cx during the past decade. I am of the opinion that I should be able to log all stns that run 50 kw ND in the US mainland but still no luck with Cal ESPN on 710 or Cal ESPD on 860.

Midband cx were good to west coast at the time..CKST often over WHO !! 1130 Vancouver and OR's Russian stn mixed in. 1080 ESPN Portand good. Sacto 1140 local sx pounding WRVA etc.

My earlier 1800 capture on the 180 deg antenna was also superb with TX all over the dial and new KJME 1370 near Austin logged.

Thx, Patrick Martin for confirming old oldies format so I know that I wasn't "hearing things".

73 KAZ Barrington IL..Perseus and Double KAZ Antenna at 270 deg.